Themabewertung:
  • 1 Bewertung(en) - 5 im Durchschnitt
Limitation of polygons in CT4
It finally happened that I was able to remove any kind of polygon- or vertexlimit from MOX-file. So far I only have tested this "feature" in Crash Time IV, however Im sure that this will be possible as well in older synetic games since MTKit is the issue at this limitation.

The following images show a beautiful reflection created by an icosphere with 327680 polygons (tris) and 163842 vertices.

[Bild: photo_2019-06-10_22-07-23.jpg]

[Bild: photo_2019-06-10_22-07-38.jpg]

What does that mean?
Well literally I dont know - since 65k are way enough these days for a full car, more is not really necessarry. At least we know at this position that it IS possible that the game engine supports way more polys than expected.
Unfortunately, MTKit does not support these files.
Since Ive choosen a "special" MOX-structure for loading 300k of polygons, MTKit displays these files (in case they have less than 65k) as locked with a password although they dont have one

Greetings
Antworten
Absolutely impressive! Applause
Let's just hope that this won't break any game.  Top
Antworten
its not supposed to break WR since I didnt use any feature that had been added later (thats somehow sad since this could have been developed earlier)

See the 5th post over here for a download of the files
https://www.eleven-games.net/index.php?s...ASC&page=1
Antworten
I have made a test with WR2, and had no crashes at all.
Not only I've tried the sphere with 300.000 triangles as a car model, but i've also duplicated its MOX model and used it for all the wheels of the vehicle. This means that the game didn't have problems (apart lagging quite much, at least on my weak pc) with 6 cars on the screen that had a total of 1.500.000 triangles each.

[Bild: z38k3As.png]
Antworten
Interesting to see such old game does not crash when using so many polygons (detailled models in a way).
However, as thecloser_ already wrote, I also don‘t expect a huge win when using models with more polygons. Using more details for the landscape might give more improvements.

Bis denne, Han Solo
Driving is life, I live to Drive!
[Bild: hankmoody_signatur.jpg]
Kein Support per PN oder E-Mail! | No support per PM or E-Mail!
Antworten
The limits are still there of course - just lifted from 65k (16bit indexing) to 4b (32bit indexing) ;-)

When MTKit2 sees 32bit format it treats it as a flag to know that it's a password protected model.

I'm not sure if this password thing is of any use now. If we discontinue passwords:
+ I could open-source the MTKit2 on GitHub
+ Anyone could take MTKit2 and upgrade it
+ We might get rid of 65k limit
+/- WR/CT modding becomes "open"
- Old passworded models will become unprotected
- Old passwords could be reverse-engineered and become public

What do you think?
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC11 tools at: http://krom.reveur.de/
Antworten
(02.07.2019, 23:41)Krom schrieb: The limits are still there of course - just lifted from 65k (16bit indexing) to 4b (32bit indexing) ;-)

When MTKit2 sees 32bit format it treats it as a flag to know that it's a password protected model.

I'm not sure if this password thing is of any use now. If we discontinue passwords:
+ I could open-source the MTKit2 on GitHub
+ Anyone could take MTKit2 and upgrade it
+ We might get rid of 65k limit
+/- WR/CT modding becomes "open"
- Old passworded models will become unprotected
- Old passwords could be reverse-engineered and become public

What do you think?
Hallo alle
Ich bin darür das MTKit offen zu machen. Da es ja jetzt schon möglich ist das MTKit für PW zu öffnen, mehr möchte ich hier nicht dazu sagen.
Gruss
Pischti
[Bild: sig2tvu2a.jpg]
Antworten
There are like 2 ready ways to get the passworded model already:
- rip the model from the game with "rigged" D3D DLL (3D Ripper DX and such)
- there's special tool removing the passwords out there
And 2 ways it could be hacked with relatively low effort
- MTKit2 is written in Delphi and could be hacked
- file format is not really hard to decode anyway

So I'm in favor of discontinuing passwords. Any objections?

P.S. Please let active WR/CT modders know about this thread!
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC11 tools at: http://krom.reveur.de/
Antworten
I guess this is the wrong place for discussing the necessarrity of remaining PW or not since it has already discussed widely.
However, Id prefer keeping it open, but closed (wtf), which means that it can be viewed on demand, but not uploading it to somewhere like GitHub or else.

Furthermore, we could still have the PW protection if the programmer of the update adds a new Flag or similar to the file to see wether the file has been written by the "old" MTKit or the newer updated one, so that the old files dont become unlocked, but we still can use the protection continusly
Antworten
> password protection of their crafts - a sign of modder great pride
> the MTKit source codes will provide an opportunity to learn from the real master, who created the necessary tools for the modders and only thanks to these tools the SYNETIC games are still interesting

[Bild: M196x128.png]
MEGA.MOX.TOOLS
Antworten

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste