Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
MOX passwords are no longer safe
@Modall: Let's not mix the things:

Stealing: When Jill steals something from Jack in real life, Jack remains with nothing. In digital world that is not true - Jack still has his copy.
Authorship: Jill can steal the authorship from Jack, telling everyone she did the work and rip off Jack from credits. This thing happens with and without passwords.
Fame: If Jack wants to be famous he needs to upload his work on to many places and build up his name, not just limit it to one place. If Jack did well, there always will be Jills eager to base their work on Jacks.
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC11 tools at: http://krom.reveur.de/
Antworten
@HanSolo: Well I mean something like this: You converted/created something and then You got PM from totally new unknown person which asks You to send him your work. Well I will felt a little worried about what will happen next to my work, I don't want to look after my work to check that everything is ok and there are no signs of stealing or plagiarism, editing 3D mesh (hits me the most of all the things).
[Bild: mnHbKcd.jpg]
Antworten
not release mods is the way to avoid thieves, simple and easy, people will cry but what the hell if everyone was looking for unlock mods for make weird modifications, make 1000hp smart or so. I know who should receive my mods. Thanks god you cannot export MW models back from MtKit because the exported meshes are getting messed up Tongue

is that only MtKit problem or also WR_editcar?
[Bild: LPB_signature.png]
MBWR/WR2 modder since 2004 untill 10.12.2011
Antworten
@TomWin: I would prefer to keep details secret for now. Was trying to contact you on Skype.
Antworten
(02.04.2013, 20:22)Krom schrieb: @TomWin: I would prefer to keep details secret for now. Was trying to contact you on Skype.
Was busy, well I will by on skype in 1-2 hours, now i have to go with my wife out for a while.

I think StKit is the best tool, you cannot steal a map because there is no export option Smile Why mtkit has export option I dont understand, if somebody did a mod, for sure has source files. Exported models from Mtkit is useless, normals gets broken anyway.
Antworten
@TomWin: Same reason TDU and NFS tools have export option - you took quite a lot of cars from there, aren't so? Wink
Antworten
And if you delete the whole export function from the source code?
If someone wants to convert the modell from WR2, than he need to ask the author for the .lwo/.obj etc.
My blog with my addon cars: WR2AddOns
Antworten
(02.04.2013, 20:32)Krom schrieb: @TomWin: Same reason TDU and NFS tools have export option - you took quite a lot of cars from there, aren't so? Wink

I never used WR2 export option, exported mesh is messed up anyway.

EDIT: you also cannot import GTA 4 models password protected, so you always have to ask for unlocked model.
Antworten
Now it's pointless to remove the export option since a lot of users have the old version of mtkit.
[Bild: mnHbKcd.jpg]
Antworten
or remove password thing from source code, so you cant open password protected files, just some idea.
Antworten

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Open-sourcing MTKit2. Do we still need to keep MOX passwords? Krom 3 4.882 17.02.2015, 20:12
Letzter Beitrag: freddydaimler

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste