Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
MOX passwords are no longer safe
Warum überhaupt die Disku. über Exportfunktion? Oder wollen sie die letzte kleine Modderscene auch noch zerschlagen?
Ich würde es ja verstehn wenn man Angst um "seine" Werke hat, aber was sind eigentlich eigene Modderwerke?
Ich modde ja vieles selbst und muß mich einfach auf die Moral anderer verlassen, aber was hier z.T. für ein Trubel um Konvertierungen gemacht wird ist schon nicht mehr feierlich.
Aber vieleicht kann Krom neues MTkit programmieren, ein offenes für Selbsmodder und eines mit Extras für Konvertierungen ...
Gruss
Pischti
[Bild: sig2tvu2a.jpg]
Antworten
Can someone translate his post? Coz google translator messed it up, I want to know what is his opinion or ideas about this topic.
[Bild: mnHbKcd.jpg]
Antworten
(03.04.2013, 00:23)matt55 schrieb: Can someone translate his post? Coz google translator messed it up, I want to know what is his opinion or ideas about this topic.

(03.04.2013, 00:02)Pischti schrieb: Warum überhaupt die Disku. über Exportfunktion? Oder wollen sie die letzte kleine Modderscene auch noch zerschlagen?
Ich würde es ja verstehn wenn man Angst um "seine" Werke hat, aber was sind eigentlich eigene Modderwerke?
Ich modde ja vieles selbst und muß mich einfach auf die Moral anderer verlassen, aber was hier z.T. für ein Trubel um Konvertierungen gemacht wird ist schon nicht mehr feierlich.
Aber vieleicht kann Krom neues MTkit programmieren, ein offenes für Selbsmodder und eines mit Extras für Konvertierungen ...
Gruss
Pischti

Why is there such a discussion about the export tool in general? Or do you want to smash the last little modding scene?
I would understand if someone would fear for "his" works, but what are your own modding works in fact?
I do mod/model a lot myself and need to rely on the moral of the others, but the attention partly given to conversions is pathetic.
But maybe Krom could code a new MTKit, one for scratch modelers and one for conversions.
Greetings
Pischti

@Pischti: Du solltest mal den Unterschied zwischen "modden" und "modeln" nachschlagen. Dass du "viel selbst moddest" versteht sich von selbst, aber sagt in keiner Weise aus dass du viel oder so gut wie alles selber in Blender modelierst. Auch Carfan moddet viel selbst.

My two cents: As I am not one of the gifted scratch modelers like T-A, Pischti and so on I couldn´t really care less if there is a password protection or not. Why? Cause I think any car converted from another commercial game (NFS, Forza...) is not worth protecting, as all that is unique to it is the import and some game specific settings.
And in general my Idea of permission is just what Krom described: Credit. If you take someone elses model and use it, credit him properly, and you are done. The original author will get his deserved fame and appreciation. Btw, that´s just what has been missing in the GTA and SLR:R scene, and that´s what caused many modders to stop releasing their mods.
"Thank god for Jack White." - Jimmy Fallon
[Bild: b9mx3dq3dehgl3a6g.jpg]
Flickr | tumblr | Freedom in the 21st Century: ► | Kinja | Mods
Antworten
I got permissions to convert some scratch models, for example from IceKid or Tonis, because the game is safe, so nobody couldn't steal their models. Once somebody stole one model from one modeler (wont say the name), I couldn't receive permissions anymore because he was affraid it could be ripped somehow from WR2.
I don't care about NFS or Forza models as they are available everywhere, so what's the point of converting from WR2 if you can get better zmodeler model.
[Bild: LPB_signature.png]
MBWR/WR2 modder since 2004 untill 10.12.2011
Antworten
Models can't be safe when they are uploaded to the internet. We all know about 3DRipperDX tools.

MTKit2 passwords were a temp measure, soon they will be gone.

Removing Export from open-sourced MTKit2 won't work because older versions still have it.
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC11 tools at: http://krom.reveur.de/
Antworten
@FreddyDaimler: Thanks man! I really appreciate that. Wink
@Topic: Well as I mentioned before the same situation was in Hard Truck 18 Wheels of Steel series where a lot of people hacked .pmg files, modify visual the trucks and released as their owns which pisses off their original creators coz, almost every models were scratch made. That situation causes "private models" not for releasing to public. I know WR2 has most of cars converted from other games but scratch modelers like Caliboyzz (sorry if I wrote wrong Your name mate) Pischti, T-A will be in hard situation. We need to agree with this.
[Bild: mnHbKcd.jpg]
Antworten
But will it really destroy the Wr2-modding scene?

There will be some pissed modders/ modelers, that's right, but I've to support Krom and put in the following questing:
Is the Internet really save and could you trust it?

The modding scene of Wr2(/Afc11) is not really big (I personally know only four sites; please correct me if you know more...) and if all these sites would fight together against pirates the modding scene could exist in future too.
I don't think, that a approx. eight years old modding family would die caused by a "password-problem".

To get the point. It's depending at the modders and the webmasters thought about this topic.

(Me at my point would be happy to export the password saved .mox, because I can't remember my passwords. Big Grin But that's not the public thought I think.)

Now we know, that our loved password-system is not secure anymore and we have to deal with the situation.
Some people have knowledge about removing the MOX-password, that's true, but it's not save that they will publish their knowledge.
(If they are clever, they don't do that, to save the modding scene and its trust.)

But I don't know how they think.
Let's wait and see what's happening.

Cause of those problems I'm publishing a lot of my tools/assets as CC BY-NC-SA nowadays.

Flo
Antworten
Well, I don't understand this trouble. Because in my view only wr2-sceneries are appreciated by most of Wr2-players. A addon-car is downloaded, packed-out, then driving it one time, ready. WR2-Cars are commodity. Most of WR2-players aren't modders, but they download every new car and so on. For example addon-scenery "Autobahn" by Krom was downloaded 77.000 times. But I think there were ony a few hundreds who know what a mox-file is. The only one to steal files are the own forum-mates. Ok- the are someone who release it illegally, but why this password-paranoia?
[Bild: e40591057b22d5d4e0d5aiys84.jpg]
1970 1971 1976 1977 1979 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1994 1996 1997 1998 2015 2016 2017
The Porsche Fanatic
Antworten
@Pischti
Zum Einen hast du ja absolut recht. Der Trubel um Passwörter für Konvertierungen aus anderen kommerziellen Spielen ist riesengroß und eigentlich völlig umsonst, denn ich zitiere immer wieder gerne unseren Modder koce: If something is free, it can't be stolen. So let it be free.
Andererseits ist ein Passwort bei einer Konvertierung, für die vielleicht ein professioneller Modellierer die Basis in Form eines Modells geliefert hat, insofern von Nöten, da das Modell ein geistiges Eigentum des Modellierers darstellt und man sich bei unerlaubtem Verwenden strafbar machen würde.

Ich sehe dich übrigens auch mehr als Modeler an, da du ja alles "von Hand" mühsam und mit Liebe zusammenbaust. Unter "modden" kann man auch beispielsweise das Erstellen von Lichtern für ein AddOn-Auto. Und das ist dann doch ein himmelweiter Unterschied. Wink

Well, my opinion is that comercial models shouldn't be protected with a password because everyone could download or rip these models and convert them to WR2 - without any passwords and completely free.
But on the other hand there should exist a safe password method to protect scratch-made and paid models.
Modding is a hard business and even though the modding scene around WR2 has been existing for several years there's still a lot to do.
[Bild: games.reveur_sig_019ozpoe.jpg]
Genitiv ins Wasser, weil's Dativ ist! [Hans Sigl]
Bäck tu se Bäsicks! [Thomas Maurer]
Antworten
But why mox passwords are no longer safe? in a short periodo they will lose their security... why...
[Bild: d8uvjw2s.png]
Antworten

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Open-sourcing MTKit2. Do we still need to keep MOX passwords? Krom 3 4.882 17.02.2015, 20:12
Letzter Beitrag: freddydaimler

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste